We received your application for a RIVMA Companion Animal Foundation voucher. If approved, your voucher will be mailed to you, and must be used within 2 months of the date it was issued.
Approved vouchers are typically mailed with a list of participating practices within 5-10 business days of the application approval. Vouchers are reviewed weekly.
To find a veterinarian that accepts our vouchers, here is a list of participating practices.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please see our Info and Support section below.
For help with this application or any other questions about the program, please call 401.751.0944 or email email@example.com
- Rhode Island residents can apply for a $125 voucher for general veterinary care. Please Note: The CAF voucher program is NOT meant for emergency, urgent or next-day appointments.
- Applicants must be low-income or be receiving a federal or state benefit.
- Vouchers are limited to one voucher per pet every twelve months. Each household can receive a voucher for up to two pets per year.
- If an applicant is approved, a voucher for $125 will be mailed to the applicant along with a list of practices that accept CAF Vouchers.
- Vouchers must be presented at the time of service to one of the veterinary practices that accepts CAF vouchers. The voucher will be applied to the bill.
- A voucher must be used within 60 days. If a voucher expires, the recipient can contact CAF to have the voucher re-issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a voucher?
A voucher is like cash. A CAF voucher is a one-time use document to be used as a method of payment up to $125 at a participating veterinary practice.
My pet is sick/injured and needs to be seen immediately. Can I receive a voucher?
CAF vouchers are not for emergencies or urgent issues. If this is an emergency, please contact your veterinarian, the Emergency Room at Ocean State Veterinary Specialists at (401) 886-6787 or the Mass-RI Veterinary ER at (508) 730-1112. You may apply for a voucher for a future or follow-up visit.
How many vouchers can I receive?
Your pet can receive one voucher every twelve months. You can get one voucher per pet, per year, for up to two pets per household.
Example: If Spot receives a voucher in April 2023, Spot will be eligible again in April 2024.
I have more than one pet. Can I apply for multiple pets?
Yes! You can get one voucher per pet, per year, for up to two pets per household.
Example: You can receive one voucher for Spot per year, and one voucher for Sparky per year.
I received vouchers for my two pets. Can I use both vouchers for one pet?
No, vouchers must be used for two different pets.
Example: If Spot and Sparky each receive a voucher, you cannot apply both vouchers to Spot’s visit.
My voucher expired before I could use it. Can I receive another one?
Yes, expired vouchers can be reissued.
Please mail the expired voucher back to:
RIVMA CAF, 11 South Angell Street, #311,
Providence, RI 02906
Once we receive the expired voucher, we will reissue a new voucher and mail it to you.
My pet received a voucher within the last twelve months, but now needs end-of-life care. Can I receive another voucher?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 401-751-0944.
My appointment already happened. Can I use the voucher to pay the bill?
No, CAF vouchers are meant for future appointments.
Do you have any other programs available?
If you have a veterinarian or veterinary clinic that you visit with your pet on a regular basis, please contact them directly and ask whether they have any Companion Animal Foundation funding available.